Wednesday 19 November 2014

Jennifer Lawrence: 'I will never get Twitter. The internet has scorned me'

jennifer lawrence press

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/12/jennifer-lawrence-twitter-internet-hunger-games

In an interview with BBC Radio 1’s Nick Grimshaw, Lawrence was asked by a fan: “Why don’t you have Twitter and will you ever get it?” To which the star emphatically and quickly answered: “I will never get Twitter.” Sitting alongside her co-stars Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson, she elaborated: “I’m not very good on phones or technology. I can not really keep up with emails, so the idea of Twitter is so unthinkable to me. I don’t really understand what it is, it’s this weird enigma that people talk about. And it’s fine, I respect that, but no, I will never get a Twitter. “And if you ever see a Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram that says it’s me; it most certainly is not”.

 I think that it is impossible for celebrities to fully avoid social media sites as they will always be a source of entertainment upon these platforms, however because jennifer lawrence is already so popular due to various films being released, she does not necessarily need to keep intact with her fans at the moment because she is almost always in the limelight at the moment. I think that as her career starts to slow down she may start to use social media to maintain a brand image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment